Monday, October 24, 2011

Dipti, "Lamb to the Slaughter"

There are several similarities and differences between the short story "A lamb to slaughter" by Roald Dahl and the film by Alfred Hitchcock.

Differences...
  1. In the movie, Mary tells her husband that the baby is a boy.
  2. In the movie, Patrick tells marry that he wants a divorce because he found someone else that he wants to marry, and that Mary can keep the child.
  3. In the movie, the police officer said that Patrick "fooled around a bit."
Similarities...
  1. In both the movie and the book, Mary killed her husband with a leg of lamb.
  2. In both the movie and the book, the police officers said that the killer used some type of big club to kill Patrick.
  3. In both the movie and the book, Mary feeds the police officers with the lamb leg that she used to kill Patrick with.
In my opinion, I liked the video better because it gave me more details about the parts I was confused on, like why Patrick was leaving Mary. I also liked the video better because it gave me a clearer view on the time period that the story took place in.

No comments:

Post a Comment